Tuesday, March 21, 2017
Chapel Hill/Lincoln High Hall of Fame – Class of 2017
- Charles “Skeet” Baldwin – Football, Basketball, Track (1985) - Three-year starter on the football team earning All-Conference, All-Area, and All-State Honors. Baldwin was also a three-year member of the basketball team and earned All-Conference Honors. He also was an All-Conference performer in track during his two years as a team member. Baldwin went on the University of North Carolina, where he was three-year starter for the Tar Heels. Baldwin is currently a Behavior Specialist for Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools.
- Patrick Currin – Baseball (2002) - Patrick earned three varsity letters in baseball at Chapel Hill High. He was All-Conference 2001 and 2002, and team MVP in 2002, leading the Tigers to their first playoff appearance in 15 years. His #5 jersey at Chapel Hill High is retired. He went on to play at UNC-Greensboro, earning Academic All-American Honors. Patrick still helps Chapel Hill High's summer camp, and lives in the area.
- Donnell T. Garrett – Football (1978) - Played three years of varsity football for the Tigers from 1976-78. Garrett was Chapel Hill High's Offensive Player of the Year in 1978 while earning All-Conference and Prep All-American Honors. He went on to play running back at Kansas State University.
- Taylor Gilland - Cross Country, Track (2008) - Taylor was part of Chapel Hill's 4A state championship team in 2006. He was the only person ever to win the 4A individual state cross country championship three consecutive years. He also won the 3200 meters championship for three consectuive years. He was 2008 North Carolina Gatorade Athlete of the Year. Taylor went on to run track and cross country at the University of Virginia for four years. While there, he claimed First Team All-ACC, Second Team All-American, and First Team Academic All-American. Taylor now lives in San Francisco, where he works as a private equity investor at TPG Growth.
- Keith A. Jones – Basketball (1976) - Jones was a member of the Chapel Hill High basketball team from 1973-76. He earned All-Conference honors in both 1975 and 1976. He was an active member in Student Government while at the school. He went on the play basketball at Quinnipiac University, graduating in 1980. Keith then worked for the Federal District Court of Eastern New York for 32 years.
- Kristen (Samuhel) Clarey – Soccer (1997) - Kristen played soccer at Chapel Hill High in the 1996 and 1997 seasons. During both seasons she earned All-Conference, All- Region, and All-State honors. In her senior of 1997, she was an All-South Team Member. She went on to the University of Richmond to play soccer, where she was team captain, Academic All-American and Athlete of the Year. Kristen completed her education at UNC Medical School, and is now a physician in Cary, NC.
- Teams being inducted are the 1981 men’s and women’s state championship basketball teams.