Lincoln Center (Central Office)
Chapel Hill, NC
JOB TITLE: SCIENCE COORDINATOR
The district is seeking a curriculum coordinator with certification/licensure in secondary science to coordinate the development of standards-based curriculum and assessment opportunities, research-based instructional methods, alignment of materials and resources to curriculum outcomes, instructional coaching, and facilitating professional development activities. Administrative experience preferred.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Superintendent of Instructional Services
- Plan and work collaboratively with science teachers 6-12.
- Effectively communicate the science vision and goals to building leaders, district colleagues, parents, and community.
- Coordinate communication and planning among learning communities.
- Contribute and/or lead school-based and district professional development
- Facilitate teacher learning groups and science data teams
- Ground all instruction and professional development in relevant research, district standards, and assessment data.
- Assist with identifying the curriculum,assessment and grading needs of the faculty.
- Support the development of standards-based curriculum, instruction, and assessment plans and strategies.
- Assist in the adoption of curriculum resources that are consistent with the district’s curriculum.
- Use the Principles of Learning as a framework for rigorous literacy instruction
- Collaborates with colleagues in the Instructional Services Division to provide cohesive services to schools.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned
1) complete the NC online application
2) send an email with a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "Science Coordinator"
Back to CHCCS website