Multi-Classroom Teacher Leader, Positions Available at 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades
Northside Elementary School
2013-14 School Year
1. Teaching license in elementary education; Highly Qualified status required
2. Master’s degree in Elementary Education, Literacy, or Curriculum & Instruction preferred
3. Minimum of 5 years of successful classroom teaching experience
4. Demonstrated expert knowledge of K-5 curriculum
5. Previous Experience as a PLC Leader, Mentor, or other leadership role
6. Evidence of understanding of characteristics of adult learners
7. Evidence of expert level of collaboration skills
8. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide leadership, support and consultation in the development, implementation and
reflection of rigorous, standards-based classroom instruction in order to promote success for all students.
1. Share responsibility for student learning and student success with each teacher for the assigned grade level.
2. Set high expectations of achievement that are ambitious and measurable for all students taught by team
3. Establish methods and create instructional tools and materials that team teachers use in all classrooms; use the Principles of Learning as the framework of rigorous instruction
4. Lead team to plan backward to align all lessons, activities, and assessments; design instruction that is enriched and personalized; and design assessments that accurately assess student progress
5. Lead team to hold students accountable for high expectations of behavior and engagement; create classroom environments conducive to collaboration and individual learning; establish a culture of respect, enthusiasm, and rapport
6. Lead team to hold students accountable for ambitious, measurable standards of academic achievement; identify and address individual student’s social, emotional, and behavioral learning needs and barriers; identify and address individual students’ development of organizational and time-management skills; invest student in their learning using a variety of influence techniques; and incorporate questioning and discussion in student learning
7. Lead team to incorporate small group and individual instruction to personalize and tailor instruction to individual needs; monitor and analyze student assessment data to inform enriched instruction by teacher; and communicate with students to keep them informed of their progress
8. Solicit and eagerly receive feedback from supervisor and team members to improve professional skills
9. Lead team to maintain regular communication with families and work collaboratively with them to design learning both at home and at school, and to encourage a home life conducive to learning success
10. Organize and schedule team time to ensure alignment of instructional vision and delivery in all classrooms, and to trouble-shoot students’ persistent learning challenges
11. Allocate instructional process elements (lesson planning, large-group instruction, small-group instruction, interventions, data analysis, grading, etc.) among team members based on teacher strengths, content knowledge, and professional development goals
12. Allocate non-instructional administrative duties among team of teachers
13. Model instructional strategies to aid team development
14. Clarify and adjust team members’ roles and provide feedback, developmental advice, and assignments to develop their effectiveness
15. Build a collaborative partnership with the principal and administrative team.
16. Contribute to school and district professional development.
17. Develop and lead professional development for school-based teams
18. Participate in professional development to refine own practice.
19. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to physically perform the basic operational functions of stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, hearing and repetitive motion.The ability to lift a minimum of 20 pounds.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 10-month year teaching position. Compensation is according to placement on NC teacher salary schedule and applicable local supplement. Additional $5000 stipend.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job is evaluated in accordance with the provisions of Board policy on evaluation of teaching personnel.
TO APPLY: Click here.
Back to CHCCS website