Friday, September 1, 2017

Convocation - You'll Want to See This!

I recently attended my first CHCCS Back-to-School Convocation. This is an annual event held a few days prior to the start of school. It was truly amazing. I was not prepared for the magnitude of what I was about to encounter. Many staff members have told us this was the most impactful Convocation they have attended, and have asked for the links to the video. While this is designed as a staff event, I thought parents and community members might be interested to check out this amazing event. 
My favorite line was when Niya Fearrington, our emcee (and student body president of Carrboro High) commented, "I didn't know Dr. LoFrese could be so funny. We'll see how funny he is the next time he redistricts my neighborhood!"
You will notice a three-part challenge I have issued to our staff. Please consider taking on this challenge along with us…also hold us accountable. I know it is a long video, but I’m sure you will find it worthy of the investment of your time. Be prepared to laugh, ponder and maybe even shed a tear along the way.