Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Ingri Cruz-Martinez...Continuing the AVID legacy at East

Congratulations to East Chapel Hill High's Ingri Cruz-Martinez, recipient of the 2018 Felicia Brewer Scholarship. The cash award for the scholarship is $80,000. Ingri is continuing the AVID legacy of academic excellence at East.

The purpose of the Felicia Brewer Scholarship is to create a life-transforming opportunity for immigrant or first generation students who have overcome significant adversity, giving them the opportunity to pursue their dreams and improve their lives through education or training.

"The Felicia Brewer scholarship has changed my life. This scholarship will allow me to be the first in my family to go to a university," said Ingri. "It will allow me to change the pathway to the younger generation of my family."

Ingri has decided to attend Fayetteville State University, where she will pursue nursing.