CHCCS had 76.3 percent of its senior class take the SAT (this is the highest percentage in the state) and had a combined score on the Math and Reading sections of 1205. This is the highest in the history of the school system and by far the highest in North Carolina.
Carrboro High School had a combined score of 1172. Chapel Hill High School had a combined score of 1198 (highest in the school's history). East Chapel Hill High School had a combined score of 1228 (highest in the school's history and the highest of any non-charter high school in North Carolina).
The top five scoring districts in North Carolina are as follows:
- CHCCS at 1205 with 76.3 percent participation
- Carteret County Schools at 1081 with 42.8 percent participation
- Watauga County Schools at 1068 with 58.5 percent participation
- Wake County Schools at 1066 with 62.0 percent participation
- Asheville City Schools at 1062 with 63.7 percent participation
The National average was 981 with 45.8 percent participation and the North Carolina average was 1010 with 58.2 percent participation.