Thursday, May 4, 2017

CHCCS Honors Teachers During Teacher Appreciation Week

A Message from Superintendent Pam Baldwin to CHCCS Staff
This is the week our nation celebrates educators as part of Teacher Appreciation Week. I wanted to take a minute to thank all of our teachers – and the entire CHCCS nation – for the work you do every day on behalf of our children and families.

I have now had an opportunity to visit almost all of our schools, meeting with staff and parents and especially students. I have conducted a handful of public meetings, visited local Churches, and poured through our data. I am diligently trying to soak up the history of this community so I can get a sense of where we need to go next.

Across the board, one common theme continues to surface…and that is the quality of our staff. We have amazing, hard-working, creative, passionate people who are dedicated to the success of our students. I knew of your excellent reputation prior to my arrival, but every meeting, every conversation, every classroom I visit confirms it. I have been so impressed with our collection of educators.

I hope you will take some time to reflect on your personal highlights from this school year. I’m sure there were many. Think back on the laughs you have enjoyed with your students, the quality conversations with colleagues, and those precious “a-ha” moments when the light goes on. Those are the reasons we chose to teach.